Monday, July 23, 2012

NOTD: Hexy Glitter Accent Manicure!

I know, I've been gone for a while... bad Julie is bad! However I was doing a kid's camp all last week and most of my other time was spent with my boyfriend - that's not to say that I didn't do my nails!
There was this cute little girl in my 'crew' named Lily who developed an obsession over my nails and she would look at them every day and tell me what I should do the next! She had these gorgeous golden blonde curls too - it reminded me almost of what I was like when I was a little kid!
Now to the important part: today's manicure!

For some reason recently I've been obsessed with using large, hex glitter... I only have a container of red and silver though - the good thing is that they're relatively cheap! I get mine from Michael's, and I'm sure that they have more colours than that.
How, if you're looking at the polish that I'm wearing and thinking, "isn't that such a gorgeous blue" then Orly's Gum Drop is not for you! The polish is actually a little bit greener, and I searched on the internet to find the match... the best one that is truest to the actual colour is the colour 33CC99 which looks like this: 
however it's a bit more dusky than that in some lights but it shines a gorgeous pastel in bright light if you know the polish :)

One thing that I love more than playing with neons on my nails are pastels - thankfully my arms get pretty brown in the summer and so pastels really make my tan pop!

I used:
Orly - Snow Drop
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme wear in 13, Celeb City
BM-314 plate
Creatology Glitter in Silver (from Michael's)
Seche Vite Quick Dry top coat
colour more true to reality in this photo!
I'm really happy with this manicure - originally I had a different plan but I'm glad I decided to go with this because the final result is stunning!

Julie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment