Friday, July 6, 2012

This Week I've Been Listening To...

I thought it would be cool to make a little blog post every week on Friday about what I've been listening to the past week!
I usually listen to more than one artist per week, but this week is an exception... 
Thanks to Tiësto week a while on TTR4 (that's Tap Tap Revenge 4 for those of you who don't know) I was able to download 5 new Tiësto tracks for free to play - and for some reason they have been growing on me like mould on a two month casserole dish!
I finally got around to actually downloading the albums Club Life Vol 1: Las Vegas and 2: Miami (I know Las Vegas is over a year old and I'm just picking it up now- scary!) and they have been on repeat the entire week 


There's a fine line for electro/house/trance artists that many cross between boring and repetitive and catchy and interesting and many artists have not realized this and have crossed it... let's just say that if the introduction is over 45 seconds long then it better have a damn good drop and beat!

I am a trance/electro/house fan, but most of the time I find that tracks are too long or just don't capture my interest or make me bob my head along to the beat while internally fist pumping... but I was surprised with these two albums.




For fans of:
Swedish House Mafia, Armin Van Buuren, trance-y Deadmau5 (think Brazil 2nd Edit), Wolfgang Gartner

Release Date:
Club Life Vol 1: Las Vegas  - April 4, 2011
Club Life Vol 2: Miami - April 24, 2012

Favourite Tracks: 
Club Life Vol 1: Las Vegas
  • Tiësto + Hardwell - Zero 76 (Original Mix)
  • Rebecca + Fiona - Bullets (Club Mix)
  • Tiësto + Marcel Woods - Don't Ditch (Original Mix)
Club Life Vol 2: Miami
  • Tiësto - Chasing Summers (Original Mix)
  • Tiësto + Wolfgang Gartner - We Own The Night ft Luciana (Original Mix)
  • Tiësto + Swanky Tunes - Make Some Noise ft Ben McIver
  • Tiësto - Maximal Crazy (Original Mix)
Bottom Line:
Don't play these at a place where there will be too much focus on the music - the long intros on some of the songs are boring if you're not doing anything and not totally paying attention to the music. My 4 favourites from Miami are more upbeat and the intros are shorter... and they're perfect to play while getting pumped up or getting ready for going out to the club.

Phew, that was a massively long post! Thankfully I only have to write these once a week☺
Julie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment