Sunday, July 8, 2012

Waterdrop Manicure

I can honestly say that this is probably the manicure that I'm most proud of... and it took me a long time to do it as well!
I thought of the idea the day I was doing my Euro 2012 nails, and on my pinky finger I was doing "2012" in acrylic paint... to my surprise when I watered it down to make it a little bit easier to work with, it created this transparent colour, so I took that and ran - I've done watercolour manicures before with nail polish and acetone/nail polish remover but I decided I would make a different kind of effect, kind of like translucent water drops!

the final effect...
Look at how gorgeous that is! I went and showed my mother and she couldn't stop staring at them for a long time ☺

Products Used:
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle in 120, "White Tip"
Deco Art Americana Acrylic Paint in "Desert Turquoise" and "Royal Purple"
Creamcoat by Delta Acrylic Paint in "Blue," "Black," "Deep Lilac" and "Wedgewd Blue"
Plaid Folk Art Acrylic Paint in 654, "Metallic Amethyst"
CoverGirl Boundless Nail Sparkle Topcoat in 405, "Disco Dazzle"
and of course, Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat


Do you guys like this effect?!?! If you would like me to create a tutorial on how I did this, comment below! I think I also might make a tutorial on different types of "watercolour manicures" and how to achieve the different looks... 

pic spam!!! I'm sorry, I can't help it, I just love how it came out!
I hope you guys are having awesome days so far!

Julie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment