Sunday, November 4, 2012

Swirly Fall Nails

The other day I was looking at all the nail polishes I have and I was trying to pick out my #1 shade for fall.... and I couldn't pick just one!
So I ended up picking up 10 or so fall-y nail polishes and doing a sort of swirly/merging/blendy design with them, and this is how it turned out! I apologize in advance however for the tip wear and the bubbles on some nails, that was just caused by the topcoat I used.
*also note that I took these photos before I cleaned up the edges!


Since I tried to do every nail a different colour, I had to take lots of photos to get the detail of each nail!





Here's the long list of the colours I used:
Orly - Glitz and Glamour
Icing - Bronze Me Baby
Quo by Orly - Rock Show
Chanel - Peridot
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails XTreme Wear - Ivy League, Emerald City
Sally Hansen HD - Hi Def
China Glaze - Watermelon Rind
Nina Ultra Pro - Molten Gold

the trick to doing these nails is to drop a whole bunch of blobs of nail polish on a nail that has basecoat on it, and then to use a toothpick (or small dotting tool) to swirl the polish around and mix all the colours together.

Happy November!
Julie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment