Thursday, November 8, 2012

Officially My Best Gradient Manicure

So I am super excited to write this... I did this manicure about a week ago, but only got around to posting it now, but I was feeling up for a challenge so I decided to give myself a gradient manicure... only instead of a horizontal gradient I was going to do a vertical gradient instead!!
I am sooooooooooooo happy with the way it turned out :)

I used a matte top coat first but then I took some photos with a regular top coat on top of the matte one! Ready for the gorgeousness?!?!


BAM!!

I was so proud of myself for this one, it took about 30-  45 mins to do, which isn't that bad, but it felt like a while to me when I was trying to sponge on all these colours and make the gradient how I wanted it!



with a regular, shiny topcoat

a bonus: it matched not only my purse but my phone case too!
Products Used:
Icing - Little Blue Box
Orly - Gum Drop
China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint
Gosh Matte Top Coat

My secret for getting a really nice blend is actually using a specifically makeup sponge, which has smaller holes and is more dense than an ordinary sponge! I also dropped the polish on a piece of paper before picking it up with my sponge and dabbing some excess off, and I also dampened my sponge before starting and also after every 10th time sponging, etc. Some of the bumps on the surface however are from the sponge breaking off... oh well.

I hope everybody has a great end of the week!
Julie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment