Thursday, January 17, 2013

NOTD: Pink Jelly Sandwich



Today's post is on a manicure I did a while ago, a light pink jelly sandwich!
I haven't experimented with jellies that much, since most of my polishes are opaque, but I've been keeping an eye out for any pretty ones that could be used...
I was ecstatic about how well this manicure turned out. Basically I started off with two coats of a light pink jelly with silver microglitter and then after that started hand placing silver hex glitter and then covering it with another coat of nail polish.

My main polish that I used in this manicure was one that Jacob's grandparents gave me, it's an unnamed one from The Colour Workshop (it can be found at WalMart) but I also used some layers of Essie - Sugar Daddy to tone down the micro glitter and make it ultra subtle. 
close up of the subtle micro glitter!

I don't have a whole lot of experience with jellies (jellies are nail polishes that are not opaque and sometimes a little bit more watery) and I don't have very much experience with making sandwiches either, so I think this turned out really well! I found that hand placing the hex glitters looks a lot neater than just using a polish that has chunky glitter in it.
To seal it off, I used two thick coats of Pro-FX Quick Dry High Gloss Top Coat (new favourite!!!!) and an extra layer over my tips.
 
Have a great day!
Julie xo


No comments:

Post a Comment